About the SCCP
The Scottish Centre for Continental Philosophy is a Research Centre based in the School of Humanities at the University of Dundee. It brings together academics from Scotland, the UK, and the wider world to form a hub of research on continental philosophy in Scotland. It aims to foster the study of continental philosophy in all its historical and contemporary forms and to make connections to other philosophical traditions and academic disciplines.
The Centre organises conferences, workshops and seminars. It brings together researchers and students interested in historical figures and contemporary debates. The Centre also connects to work in philosophy and the arts through its degree programme in Art and Philosophy and through research degrees in continental philosophy and the Art and Humanities MFA at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design.
We have international links and current research programmes with Paris 8, Deakin University and the Melbourne School of Continental Philosophy, the Association for Continental Philosophy of Religion, and the Australasian Society of Continental Philosophy. The Centre has Erasmus links with Freiburg, Grenoble, Turin, Ostrava, Tilburg and Bilkent.
- Prof. Nicholas Davey University of Dundee
- Dr. Tina Rock University of Dundee
- Dr. Ashley Woodward University of Dundee
- Dr. Dominic Smith University of Dundee
- Dr. Oisin Keohane University of Dundee
- Dr. Patrick Levy University of Dundee
- Dr. Undine Sellbach University of Dundee
- Dr. Frank Ruda University of Dundee